1. Once the student has enrolled or registered for the course of study, a place on the course will be reserved for the student and the student will become liable for the full fees for the course.
2. If the student decides to withdraw from the course for any reason whatever after the start of the course, the entire amount of all outstanding fees must be paid in full to the College. In the event that the student has paid the full fees for the course, he/she shall not be entitled to any refund and shall thereby forfeit the whole amount paid.
3. If the student's visa application is declined from British Embassy (excluding home office, UK), any fee or deposit received will be refunded in full excluding the 'registration fees & other admin cost' (£ 250), to the payer of the student fees and subject to conditions 4, 5 and 6.
4. If the student's visa application is declined and there is a subsequent appeal, refunds will not be processed until the outcome of the appeal is finalised.
5. Any refunds for overseas students will be communicated to the Home Office and the Foreign Office.
6. For overseas students who claim a refund after the visa not being granted, WGC must receive the refund application form within the First four weeks of the start of the semester, otherwise one semester fee will be charged from the deposit/tuition fee.
7. In the event any student decides to withdraw from a course for any reason and the course has already commenced, no refund of deposit will be made and the student is liable for the full fees. In the event that any student decides to withdraw from the course before the commencement date of the course for any reason [other than oversea who is unable to obtain a visa] no refund will be made under any circumstances if the refund application on the appropriate form, in writing is not received at least four calendar before the commencement date of the course.
8. In circumstances where a refund is claimed, the student is only able to claim part of the fee [if already paid] and not the amount that represents a deposit payment. A deposit is non-refundable.
9. In the event that a student, having enrolled/registered on a course of study, subsequently withdraws from the course either before or after the start of the course, the relevant authorities concerned will be informed.
10. Students may transfer to another course within the College, subject to authorisation from the academic committee according to course transfer policy and for overseas students, subject to home Office approval.
11. In the event of absenteeism or failure in an examination, the student agrees to pay the appropriate re-sit examination fees prevailing at the time.
12. Students should be aware that accommodation, books, stationary and other materials are not included within the course fees. However the College may be able to supply books and materials at a discounted price.
13. The student agrees to attend all lectures and tutorials specified in the timetable. If the student fails to achieve 85% attendance rate he/she could be:
(a) Disqualified from sitting the College's examination and/or
(b) Expelled from the College.
14. Any serious breach of College regulations will result in instant expulsion/deregistration, and full payment of any fees outstanding at the time of expulsion.
15. This Agreement is governed by and shall be interpreted in accordance with the Scottish Laws and shall be subject to exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.